Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Cozy Recipe ~ Tuna Noodle Casserole

I'm on a roll!  My second recipe this week with calculated Weight Watchers Plus Points!  :)

I absolutely cannot remember where I originally saw this recipe.  I've tried tuna noodle casserole a variety of ways.  After a *few* (meaning about 10) attempts, I think I finally have it!  


Again, please ignore the terrible pictures.  I found my camera and my battery is charging.  Unfortunately, it still wouldn't turn on when I was ready to take these pictures.  

So ... this recipe is one of the few that The Mister asks for regularly.  I made several adjustments to make it just a smidgen healthier than my previous versions.  In this version, I used whole wheat noodles instead of egg noodles, and I left out the butter.  It's not as heavy as some other casseroles I've tried, but it's definitely just as filling.  Not to mention ... these portions are HUGE!


I served it with a simple bag of iceberg lettuce and carrots and Kraft Green Goddess dressing.  Super easy, right?  I thought so.  

Tuna Noodle Casserole
serves 4

1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used reduced fat.)
1/2 cup skim milk
2oz. jar chopped pimientos, drained
1 (15oz.) can green peas, drained
3 (6oz. each) cans solid tuna, drained
2 cups uncooked whole wheat pasta (I used rotini.)
2 teaspoons celery salt
1/4 cup bread crumbs

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Boil the pasta.  Drain and mix all ingredients except for the bread crumbs in a 9x13 pan or casserole dish.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Top with bread crumbs and bake for another 5 minutes.  

Nutrition Facts (per serving)
365 calories
5.6g fat
46g carbohydrates
6.5g fiber
36.6g protein
8 WW+ points

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...