Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Cozy Recipe ~ Buffalo Chicken Dip

Last weekend, The Boyfriend had a birthday.  He's an old man now.  :)  I made a few things to serve at his party.  I made a simple Chex mix (with all Chex, yum).  I would have done well to just stick with that.  But no ... I decided to make these.


Can we say dangerous?  Delicious?  Should never be consumed by me again ... I think I must have forgotten that they included alcohol.  Everyone joins in the kitchen and starts talking, right?  You stand there and munch on whatever is in front of you.  Vodka gummy bears are NOT munchy food.  At all.  


Now this, on the other hand, is the perfect munchy food.  It's got a little kick.  It pairs perfectly with a birthday beer.  There was absolutely none of this left to eat the next day.  None.  

I've seen this recipe in a number of places.  I used a modified version from Gooseberry Patch.  I put together all of the ingredients.  The Boyfriend was going to put it in the oven while I finished getting ready.  He left off the shredded cheese.  As it turns out, that worked better for us.  

Buffalo Chicken Dip
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
15oz. bottle Blue Cheese dressing
12oz. bottle hot pepper sauce
8oz. brick cream cheese, softened
tortilla chips
celery sticks

I boiled and shredded the chicken the night before.  Preheat the oven to 350.  Combine the chicken, dressing, hot pepper sauce, and cream cheese.  Mix well.  Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.  Serve with tortilla chips and celery sticks.

Eat this.  Not the gummy bears.  Your head will thank you in the morning.  


I'm linking up at ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...